At Logic + Emotion:
David Armano ponders digital immigrants and digital natives. He offers up a list of questions for ad/PR agency executives, pondering what kind of answers he might get. I think these might figure well into an interview for that emerging technology librarian job — or, really, for any librarian job these days…
1. Do you read blogs. Which ones?
2. Do you have a personal blog? What’s it about?
3. Do you participate in at least one social network? Which one?
4. Have you ever uploaded a video online? What did you use to do it?
5. What’s your favorite search engine. Why?
6. Have you ever used an online classified service like craigslist?
7. Besides making phone calls—how else do you use your mobile phone?
8. Have you ever registered a domain name?
9. Do you use social bookmarks or tagging?
10. Do you use a feed reader of some sort? Which one? Why?
Hmmm.. I wonder how the senior management team of some big libraries might answer these questions.