TTW Goes Down Under

TTWAustralia

I can’t believe in just two weeks we leave for my speaking gigs in Australia. I’ve been prepping, reading up on places to visit, and getting a grip on the itinerary. If you are attending any of the talks, please say hello! Two more talks have been added: an afternoon with the Macquarie University library staff on February 26th and “Best Practices for Social Software in Libraries” in Melbourne, Thursday February 28th, 2008 in the afternoon. Thanks to CAVAL for inviting me and putting together such an incredible trip.

Dates:

Sydney – Macquarie University Tuesday February 26th, 2008 9:30 am – 12:30 pm

Sydney – Macquarie University Tuesday February 26th, 2008 2pm-5pm (Library Staff)
CAVAL Bundoora, Melbourne Thursday February 28th, 2008 9:30 am – 12:30 pm

State Library of Victoria, Melbourne Thursday February 28th, 2008 2pm – 3:30pm

Adelaide – Cliftons Seminar Monday March 3rd, 2008 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Perth – State Librarary of WA Wednesday March 5th, 2008 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Brisbane – Cliftons Seminar Thursday March 13th, 2008 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm

I’m looking forward to meeting folks I know online, learning as much as I can about Australian libraries and librarians, and having a few days in each city to experience the culture and see the sights. I’ll be using Flickr, my new Flip Video and TTW to share the trip.

Related posts:

6 thoughts on “TTW Goes Down Under”

1. Hi there Michael,
    it is great to hear that you are counting down the days til your Oz visit, so are we!! Have been reading your posts for quite a while now, and jumped at the chance to hear you speak. Unfortunately I may not be able to as I am still a library assistant, and in my last year of study and not ‘qualified’ enough to attend your meeting!!! Can you believe that? Am still working on my strategy for attending in Brisbane though. Have been raving to all our librarians how they need to attend but only our IT Librarian was interested. Such a sad state of affairs when become so inward focused. Have a great day
    jo