Online Open House Events Begin August 2
The San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science is hosting live open house events for prospective students during August. If you know someone who is considering earning a Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree, please extend our invitation.
Faculty and students from our School host the events, and participants will learn about:
- Our ALA-accredited MLIS program
- Our Executive MLIS program, designed for seasoned library professionals
- Our Teacher-Librarian program
- The various career pathways our graduates pursue
- Our School’s online learning environment
- How we prepare new students for success with online learning
Open house events are scheduled for August 2, August 15, and August 30, 2011, from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. PDT. Space is limited, and advance registration is required.
As a reminder, prospective students can start applying for admission in Spring 2012 beginning August 1, and the deadline to apply is October 1, 2011.
For more information about our upcoming open houses, or to view recorded sessions, visit: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/openhouse/
For more information about our MLIS program, visit: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/mlis.htm
For more information about our Executive MLIS program, visit: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/execmlis/