This morning I’m reading over the 2017 San Jose State University Strategic Plan Vision 2017 document:
Here’s a snippet:
A Strong and Unique Sense of Place – SJSU has a strong and unique sense of place, both physical and virtual, with modern learning spaces, gathering places and technology infrastructure. We create a welcoming, vibrant, and safe environment that fosters a sense of belonging and Spartan pride.
Unbounded Learning – SJSU is an innovative, engaged learning community committed to preparing students with adaptive skills and knowledge for a global 21st century. Unbounded learning is facilitated by highly regarded faculty members actively engaging with students to provide a wide range of access to and delivery of learning content through in- and out-of- the classroom experiences.
- “SPARTAN PRIDE” - Develop vibrant, safe and welcoming communities that create a sense of belonging and instill Spartan pride.
- “UNBOUNDED LEARNING” - Enhance student success through continuous learning innovations.
- “HELPING AND CARING” - Create a culture of helping.
- “AGILITY THROUGH TECHNOLOGY” - Improve organizational responsiveness through an advanced technology infrastructure and by elimination of procedural obstacles.
- “21st CENTURY SPACES” - Provide gathering spaces and up-to-date facilities.
SLIS participated in the town hall meetings that lead to this plan via an online meeting back in September. I am very impressed with the forward-thinking emphasis on technology as a means to extend the learning process.