I am super excited about this – just heard from Mylee Joseph that 500 AUS/NZ new professionals have signed up. This is free learning folks created by library folk!
So what is the NZ/Australian Cohort for 23 Mobile Things all about? Read on.
What are the 23 Mobile Things?
- Taking a photo with a mobile device: Instagram / Flickr app / Snapchat
- eMail on the move
- Maps and checking in: Foursquare
- Photos + Maps + Apps: Historypin / What was there / Sepia Town
- Video: YouTube and screencasts
- Communicate: Skype / Google Hangout
- QR codes
- Social reading: RSS / Flipboard / Feedly / Goodreads / Pocket
- Augmented reality: Layar
- Games: Angry Birds / Wordfeud
- Online identity: FaceBook and LinkedIn
- Curating: Pinterest / Scoop.it / Tumblr
- Adobe ID
- eBooks and eBook apps: Project Gutenberg / Kindle / Overdrive / Bluefire / Kobo, etc.
- Evernote and Zotero
- Productivity tools: Doodle / Remember the Milk / Hackpad / any.do / 30/30
- File sharing: Dropbox
- Music: last.fm / Spotify
- Voice interaction and recording
- eResources vendor apps
- Digital storytelling
You can view the 23 Mobile Things on the official blog here –http://23mobilethings.net/wpress/the-things/
What is this NZ/Australian cohort all about?
simple; it is just establishing a group of librarians in NZ and Australia who are keen to do the 23 Mobile Things at the same time. This cohort will give us mutual support and contact with each other so that we can learn together and keep each other motivated. Hopefully it will help you grow your own personal learning network (PLN) and have fun and great collaborations throughout the course!