I taught IM at the TICER summer school in 2006 when Jenny Levine and I traveled to Holland for a week. It’s so nice to see this year’s roster of topics – continually evolving as library technology evolves.
From 26 – 30 July 2010, Ticer’s international summer school “Digital Libraries à la Carte” will be held at Tilburg University, the Netherlands. You can pick your choice from a completely renewed ‘menu’ offive one-day modules.
- Module 1: Strategic Developments and Library Management
- Module 2: The Library in the Scholar’s Workflow and Research Data
- Module 3: Libraries – Partners in Teaching and Learning
- Module 4: Mobile Technologies in Education and Library
- Module 5: Web 2.0 and Linked Data in Libraries
The informative website can be found at www.tilburguniversity.nl/ticer/2010/.
- Supporting your institution’s strategic goals
- Your library’s return on investment
- The role of libraries in research assessment
- Digital scholarship
- Data management and re-use
- The scholar’s workflow
- Research support services
- Web lectures
- 21st Century literacies
- Physical learning spaces
- The use of mobile devices by teens and young adults
- Mobile technology in teaching and learning
- Mobile enhanced library services
- eReaders in education and libraries
- Web 2.0
- User-centred design of next-generation library services
- Linked data
- Open annotation
The course is targeted at library managers/directors, deputy librarians, library middle management, digital library project managers, IT/systems librarians, IT specialists, information specialists, research librarians, teaching and learning support staff, and publishers and researchers.
- Ms Jola Prinsen, Manager Ticer
- Tilburg University, Library and IT Services
- P.O. Box 90153, 5000 LE Tilburg, The Netherlands