David King outlines what he’d like from music providers for libraries:
- digital music for library patrons
- ability to listen in the library
- ability to listen at home, using the library’s authentication
- ability to download to a portable device
- We need all this to be an annual library system subscription, rather than a normal, individual subscription
Excellent list. I’m glad he started this conversation and it’s intriguing the Rhapsody rep “stated that they “probably haven’t considered” that type of model.” I’d be interested in what the other providers (especially Apple’s iTunes) have to say about this model.
It’s nice to see librarians seeking out what role we will play in The Future of Music.