Libraries 2.0 = FUN!! Originally uploaded by leecolibrary Director Dawn is a CONVINCING wIcked witch. (Could she be channeling Librarians 1.0?)
Internet Librarian 2007 Originally uploaded by mstephens7
As soon as I get over my jetlag, I’ll note whose shoes are whose… 🙂 Thanks for a great conference everyone. My heart broke to leave early.
Congrats to Helene!!! Going to Columbus Metropolitan library Originally uploaded by mstephens7 Read about it: http://www.librarybytes.com/2007/10/change-changes.html Congrats Helene!
finished Originally uploaded by WyoLibrarian
Morning walk Originally uploaded by mstephens7
Allow me to direct you to Rob Coers’ presentation from Internet Librarian International 2007: http://www.robcoers.nl/weblog-artikelen/internet-librarian-international-2007.html It’s a great, concise presentation with a list of five tips to get started with social tools lin libraries. I’m fond of the one above – Rob believes that 20% of employees are never going to be happy with innovation and change. He advocates on focusing on the other 80%, made up of early adoptors and followers. We riffed on the same topic at last ILI last year and I’m glad Rob is carrying his thinking forward. What do you think?
Michael C. Habib writes: MySpace, Facebook, and other Web 2.0 tools led TIME to name you, yes, you, 2006 Person of the Year. With such notoriety, you might want to see what your online identity says about you. What do potential employers and friends find when they google you? When was the last time you googled yourself? What impression do your MySpace profile and YouTube videos leave? Your blog? What do other people say about you? How much control do you have over what is written about you on the web? Read the whole article here: http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6486511.html
You’ve got to like a conference where they send you this: Although HLA will not be policing dress codes, people often ask me “What should I wear?” So, here are a few guidelines: For both presenter and participants, resort casual attire is appropriate. Resort Casual Attire Ladies – walking shorts, casual slacks, blouse, sandals Gentlemen – walking or bermuda shorts, casual slacks, collared shirt, sandals I can’t wait!
http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6482510.html LibLime, the Athens, OH-based vendor offering open-source ILS solutions, recently signed large contracts with the Indiana Cooperative Library Services Authority (INCOLSA) and the Central Kansas Library System. INCOLSA will be using LibLime’s services for the Indiana Shared Library Catalog (ISLC), a multitype resource sharing network composed of 30 member libraries including an art museum, the Indiana Supreme Court Library, and public and school libraries throughout the state. LibLime said its Koha ZOOM solution will provide ISLC members with “a shared integrated library automation system, including a web-based union catalog and integrated circulation, acquisitions, and serials control modules.” The ISLC […]