What I appreciate the most about this project is their main goal is educating people about the benefits of following a library on Twitter. The group is aiming beyond our little online world of librarians and library folk and I think we should help them. What better way to do your own promotion for YOUR library’s Twitter feed than to play up this internationally organized day.
Some off the cuff ideas whilst I continue to recuperate after that unfortunate dog-related injury:
- Embed the overview video in your library’s blog or Web site and write a little blurb about your own library’s Twitter presence.
- Make a companion video highlighting the project and the faces behind your library’s Twitter presence.
- Add info about the project to your other sites for online presence: Facebook, etc. Share with your friends everywhere.
- Print up some of those ever popular bookmarks, inserts, fliers, stickers, etc (and do it quick – we have about 2 weeks) and send them out the door with your patrons.
- Put up some fliers, get some local press coverage, and be sure to share the idea with your own followers.