The Hyperlinked Library: Emerging Trends, Emerging Tech
Based on the Library 2.0 participatory service philosophy and enhanced by the writings of Buckland, Lankes et al, Weinberger and more, this class explores the Hyperlinked Library model and answers these questions:
- What emerging trends are changing library services?
- What does a connected world of continuous computing mean for 21st Century libraries?
This class provides a roadmap toward becoming the Hyperlinked Library – transparent, participatory, playful, user-centered and human – while still grounded in our foundations and values.
Upon completion of this class, students will be able to:
- Utilize models of user-centered service in information positions of all kinds.
- Understand methods for reaching all users of information services and promoting services to diverse populations.
- Articulate a plan for implementing emerging technologies in a user-focused information setting.
- Apply critical thinking from outside the profession to library and information work.
- Create and edit content for the Read/Write Web via various social technologies.